Article provided by: Rolling Strong
Ten Questions to Consider Before Initiating a Corporate Wellness Program
- Why Start A Corporate Wellness Program?
Whether it is to improve staff overall health and reduce health-related expenses or foster an enjoyable work environment, the ideal health and wellness programs are available to meet your specific needs.
- How To Gauge The Success Of The Wellness Program.
As time goes on, the following changes should be observable.
- Program participation may involve more than half of all qualified attendants.
- Attending parties will at least improve on fitness habits.
- Attends will spend less on hospital-related costs.
Remember to collect the right data at the beginning and across time. You should keenly note what corporate wellness programs do and see whether that works for you
- What Kind Of Staff Members Do You Have?
The geographic location of our workforce and the work you do should not be overlooked. In some companies, the fully immersive program is offered to those permanent workers because this benefits them more. In contrast, a less immersive one is given to the employees likely to leave the company.
- Who Is The Target Of Your Program?
A full supportive environment is essential to the adoption of healthy habits. This is why many companies give their staff members fitness programs with the leeway to offer the same to their partners. This almost always leads to a positive outcome.
- Is a well-structured Leadership System Available To Commence A Corporate Health Program?
Workplaces with ideal executive support have functional, productive, and committed task forces that run the fitness programs. If a workplace lacks this as it begins, there are ways to improve on it. An appropriate health and wellness company can however remedy this.
- Establish A Wellness Program Internally Or Use Professionals?
The choice to hire a professional from the best workplace wellness companies or use internally trained staff is corporate. Either option has its ups and downs.
- Utilizes your on-site employees.
- No cost of hiring a vendor.
- Get complete oversight over the initiative.
- Gives extra work to employees.
- Staff chosen will need certification to be habit alteration specialists.
- Stunted engagement rates and difficulty keeping the program running.
- Hiring a professional is economical compared to training your staff.
- Can You Finance The Corporate Fitness Initiative??
Depending on the type of program offered, and the staff population, the amount spent on a corporate fitness initiative varies. If your company is insured, however, your insurance company may provide financial help. A strategy on how to establish a wellness program can also help.
In other cases, wellness companies may offer some programs for free. They may not be comprehensive but are still useful.
- Wellness As A Company Perk Or Benefit?
If an organization requires an initiative that works as a perk, there is no point in aiming for specific objectives. However, if you need it to be beneficial, be ready to push the Initiative to the moon financially.
- Willing To Change Your Workplace Culture?
Worksites interested in improving employee health and reducing health-related expenditures must enhance the culture and environment at work. Without it, it’s hard for employees to adopt healthy habits.
- Can You Live With The Consequences of Lacking an Employee Wellness Program?
Today, most organizations offer some form of wellness program to their employees. Considering its benefits and how accessible they are, nothing should keep you from taking advantage of these programs. It will benefit both you, your employees, and your company.
To be part of our wellness programs. Contact Rolling Strong to learn more.