There is often nothing worse than a sore, itchy throat that brings nagging discomfort. Sore throats often involve irritation, pain, and an itchy feeling that gets worse when talking, eating, and swallowing. In many instances, you can look to great home remedies for sore throat treatment that will give you tremendous relief.
Why Choose Natural Remedies For Sore Throats?
Even if you have a sore throat that does not seem bad enough to schedule a trip to your doctor, it will still be uncomfortable and may keep you from getting good rest at night. Many home remedies provide help for sore throats as a way to ease the irritation and pain.
In addition to talking with a Master Herbalist about choosing the right home remedies for sore throat, you may actually have several items already in your home. Consider the following:
- Honey – You may have used honey before in hot tea to get some relief. Honey for sore throats is a great idea because it has proven an effective wound-healing element.
- Salt Water – Some people try the itchy throat remedy that involves gargling using warm salt water as this is a way to break down various secretions. It is also good to kill off bacteria that may be festering in the throat.
- Chamomile Tea – When researching how to treat a throat tickle, you may hear several mentions of using tea. Chamomile tea is known for being a natural soother, and it has been used for hundreds of years for medicinal purposes. Chamomile is an anti-oxidant, astringent, and anti-inflammatory.
- Peppermint – You might already know how well peppermint works to freshen your breath. However, you can also dilute peppermint oil to make a spray that you can use to soothe your sore throat. Because peppermint has menthol, it works to thin out the mucous in the throat while calming a cough and tickle.
- Fenugreek – This is a natural option that you may not have heard of. You can use Fenugreek topical oil, drink some Fenugreek tea, or even consume the seeds. When you use this option as tea, it can help you naturally soothe your sore throat. Some people like to use it as a way to kill bacteria that brings on inflammation and irritation, while others swear by its pain-relieving ability.
Let A Master Herbalist Help!
When it comes to adding beneficial minerals, herbs, vitamins, and other natural options to your diet, you will see that having guidance from a Master Herbalist will help tremendously. Sarah Madsen is a Maui Herbalist and an expert in herbal remedies. You can look to her for insight on some of the natural options that will give you relief from sore throat and other ailments.
Have you been wondering about home remedies for sore throat? Sarah Madsen, Master Herbalist is taking clients. To gather more information or set up a 30-minute herb and nutrition consultation, all you have to do is dial (808) 280-5085. Unlock the power of natural healing to make your both healthy inside and out!